Friday, June 4, 2010

Stained Concrete?



HaHa! That is from my pot, not my two little helpers standing nearby! LOL! :)
I don't know if any of you are like me, but my pots tend to "pee" all over my concrete and stain it. In the past I just wait, and eventually, (like two years later!) it fades away - kinda! So as I was blog surfing the other day I saw a link on Someday Crafts for homemade BLEACH SCRUB, from the Homemade Mammas blog. I started thinking, "Hmmmmm...I wonder if that would work on my concrete?" Well, see for yourself!

To make the bleach scrub, use two parts baking soda, to one part bleach. I used 4 Tbsp baking soda, and 2 Tbsp bleach. I also used one of those scrubby brushes to scrub the concrete.


I did have to repeat if a few times, especially where the base of the pot was, but eventually it came mostly off (there is still a really faint ring from the pot.) But look how good it looks!

Go HERE to see the Homemade Mammas post. Thanks ladies for the tip!

8 comments:

KayC. said...

Hi, I just found your blog and it is so full of great ideas! Thanks for fharing them. I love the idea of having a candlestick craft night! And your FHE tags are a great too. But my favorite has to be your desk!!! Again thanks for sharing and I am now a follower.

KayC. said...

Me again... that is "sharing" not "fharing"... that is what happens when I get typing so fast because I have found a great blog!

Unknown said...

WOW it works! Thanks for joining us for Anything Related! ~Bridgette

~ Regan said...

Wow... Dont even remember how I got here because I opened so many blogs at once, and then ready them one by one.. ;) I LOVE your little blog here! You ahve so many great ideas!!

Between this, your kitchen aid makeover and your desk re-vamp... OH MY!! :P I'm totally following you!

Jenny said...

OK, that's it. I think I need to follow your blog. You're going in my sidebar. Which never happens until I've read a blog for some time. You have some style going on here girl. I need to surround myself with it.

Neal Crosson said...

I'm enjoying your blog this morning! I wanted to tell you that Bar Keepers' Friend will scrub up concrete and masonry tile, I've used it with great results even on rust stains.

HAJAR YUSOP said...

Hi, please visit my blog ..www.concretebiz.blogspot.com i also love DIY using concrete...

Anna Schafer said...

Scientists at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) are borrowing time on a NASA supercomputer to find out how to better mix the ingredients in concrete to make it stronger.Concrete Services

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...